Thursday, August 2, 2007

[Engineer's Note]

If I were to make a great motorcycle, I'd give it a Otto 2.0'd 4 cylinder engine, but make the cylinders micro. They could either be a pair of parallel in lines or x-firing horizontal. I'd fill them with diesel and give them a small liquid cooling system and metal fins on the sides. I'd put a motorcycle scoop on the sides behind the fins with the Otto supercharger. It'd be swanky, and kick out perhaps 80hp on a 2-300cc 4-bang engine with the o-gear. A clutchless bike. Heh. The tight engine would leave room for a plenty of a suspension. I wager it'd run for 200k or more.

The 54hp motorbike with a cvt could definitely compete with any bike on the market depending on the final weight and RPM. High revs and acceleration diesel tuning would give it a prompt 0-60, and it could probably reach 130mph alone. The 90hp version would be a monster. I think 90hp should be a good goal for a KMW motorbike.

Heads up to GM, Toyota et al for the spring 2007 microdiesels.

No comments: